Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Abraham Lincoln Quotes


And some words from one of my top favorite people ever--Abraham Lincoln! Totally one of the best presidents ever. O Captain, my Captain!


A house divided against itself cannot stand.
-Abraham Lincoln
Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.
-Abraham Lincoln
Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
-Abraham Lincoln

Whatever you are be a good one.
- Abraham Lincoln

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
-Abraham Lincoln
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
-Abraham Lincoln 

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
-Abraham Lincoln


How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
-Abraham Lincoln



The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.
-Abraham Lincoln

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
-Abraham Lincoln

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
-Abraham Lincoln

Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality.
-Abraham Lincoln


I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.
-Abraham Lincoln

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.


-Abraham Lincoln

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
-Abraham Lincoln

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.
-Abraham Lincoln

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
-Abraham Lincoln




No comments:

Post a Comment